Subject: Re: Hello
From: Darwin Dick <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 11:05:54 -0700

At 04:23 AM 4/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello I am  new  to this list and have a few questions for all of you
>experienced users out there. 
>First of all I have been using Lightwave 3.0 for a little while now and have
>the optionn of purchasing 4.0 really soon. Should I wait till I can afford
>5.0 or should I purchase 4.0 and then upgrade to 5.0??? As well I am in High
>School and was wondering whether there is a student discount or something
>along those lines from NewTek? Will the Video Toaster for PC have Lightwave
>5.0 or 4.0 included? I would apprecieate anything you could tell me about
>where I could come accross Tutorials or help files and such on Lightwave. I
>also use Impulse's Imagine and Autodesk's 3D Studio should you know of
>things regarding those two. I also live in Edmonton Alberta if there's
>anyone out there living in the same area as me. Well  sorry for wasting all
>your bandwidth and thanks for anything you can help me out with. 

I have the exact same question.  Since I am also in high-school and have a
very limited budget I have been phoning all over the place trying to find
student discounts.  I have heard of them in the US but the shipping and duty
amounts to the same amount as buying the full thing here. I currently own LW
4.0 and am hoping to upgrade to 5.0 as soon as it's available.  If I find
anything on student discounts here in Canada I'll let you know and if you
find out anything let me know. I live in Vancouver but the prices are about
the same all ovver Canada.

DD :D